Persecuted independent journalist and activist Tommy Robinson will be speaking at a Capitol Hill event discussing the censorship of those who talk about Islam on Wednesday afternoon.
Robinson will be appearing via Skype, telling Gateway Pundit that he has accepted an invitation to go to Australia for ten days and does not want to be away from his family for too long. He has received many invitations to come and speak in the US and is planning a proper tour for a future date.
“I want to bring my warning to America, not just to Congress — but all corners of America,” Robinson told the Gateway Pundit. “I think it’s better to plan a proper tour. My message is too important to cram into four days.”
Wednesday’s event is being hosted by the Middle East Forum and is titled, “Silenced! Censoring Public Discussion of Islam.” Others on the panel include MEF President Daniel Pipes and Rebel Media founder Ezra Levant.
“The pattern is clear: Question Sharia Law — and find yourself banned from Facebook and Twitter. Criticize a radical Imam, get fined. Call for limits on immigration, get fired. Plan a talk on female genital mutilation, get deplatformed,” the MEF invitation reads.
The MEF is an activist-think tank that identifies and promotes American interests as they relate to the Middle East and Islam.
The event will be taking place from noon to 1:30 p.m. in the Rayburn House Office Building. The MEF asks that people register to attend and arrive early with a photo ID to get through security. They will be providing lunch and ask that guests wear business attire.
Robinson had also been invited by seven members of Congress to come and speak before the Conservative Opportunity Society, a caucus of conservative members of the US House of Representatives at 8 a.m. on Wednesday — but that will likely happen at a later date. Signatories on the invitation included Rep. Paul Gosar, Rep. Steve King, Rep. Ralph Norman, Rep Brian Babin, Rep. Scott Perry, Rep. Andy Harris and Rep Louie Gohmert.
Robinson told Gateway Pundit that he has an open invitation to come speak before Congress any time that he wants — so there is no need to rush his visit.
“I have so many people I would like to thank in the United States that I want to plan it properly. I want to thank everyone who helped to free me in person,” Robinson said.
In May, Robinson was arrested for contempt of court while filming outside a Pakistani grooming gang trial in Leeds, as the case was under a reporting ban. His arrest and immediate imprisonment leads to protests all over the world — from London to Washington, DC.
In August, the charge was struck down by Lord Chief Justice Burnett and two other judges — but he may now be subjected to a retrial.
Robinson appeared before a judge at the Old Bailey last month. He had brought his prison bag and was prepared in case he was sent back to jail — but instead the judge referred the case to the Attorney General. Thousands of his supporters gathered outside and celebrated when the outcome was announced.
— Cassandra 🦇 Fairbanks (@CassandraRules) October 23, 2018
Though it was what Robinson and his lawyers were hoping for, it means the case continues to drag on and he remains stuck in limbo, uncertain if he will have to return to prison. He expects to be cleared soon, which will also open him up for easier travel.
Robinson was recently banned from PayPal, who said that they “do not allow PayPal services to be used to promote hate, violence, or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory.” They have additionally frozen the money that he had in his account for 180 days.
“They just don’t like my opinion and want to silence me,” Robinson told the Press Association. “The government and establishment can see I have public support, they can see I have the ability to fight back.”
Additionally, 55 anti-free speech British MPs wrote a letter to US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo urging him not to let Robinson into the country to speak. It does not appear that Pompeo has responded to them.
On the eve of last month’s hearing, Robinson sat down with the Gateway Pundit to discuss his case — as well as his hopes and fears.
You can watch the video here:
Leave a comment
Mexican Protesters Scream at Illegal Immigrants: “Donald Trump Was Right! This Is an Invasion” (VIDEO)
They don’t like being invaded either.
MEXICAN PROTESTERS WAVING MEXICAN FLAGS CONFRONTED ILLEGAL ALIENS IN TIJUANA AGAIN ON SUNDAY–
During the protest today one protester screamed at the illegal migrant caravan, “Donald Trump was right! This is an invasion.”
Mexican protestor today in Tijuana on the caravan: “Donald Trump was right, this is an invasion! What Donald Trump said was correct: this is an invasion!”
Crowd chants: “Get out Hondurans, we do not want you here. Get out Hondurans, we do not want you here.” pic.twitter.com/IwytIHZnsM
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) November 19, 2018
Leave a comment
Trump: I don’t know if Salman lied to me, skips question on weapons sales
President Donald Trump isn’t really sure if Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman had anything to do with the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi. He told Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace there had been several conversations with Salman over Khashoggi and the story hadn’t changed.
I don’t know, who can really know, but I can say this…he has many people now who say that he had no knowledge.
He told me that he had nothing to do with it. He told me that, I would say, maybe five times at different points…as recently as a few days ago.
Trump also noted it might be one of those situations where the truth will never come out on whether Salman was directly involved in ordering Khashoggi’s murder.
Will anyone really know? Will anyone really know? But he did have, certainly, people that were reasonably close to him and close to him that were probably involved. You saw we put on very heavy sanctions – massive sanctions on a large group of people from Saudi Arabia. But at the same time, we do have an ally and I want to stick with an ally that’s been very good.
The comment goes against the CIA notion Salman had some involvement in at least getting Khashoggi to the Saudi embassy in Turkey where he died. The President is probably right in his assessment – as even the CIA didn’t completely implicate Salman – but it won’t go over well with a lot of people who prefer presidents speak in definitive answers regarding international incidents.
One thing which isn’t questionable is the ridiculousness of suggesting there were “massive sanctions” on the Saudis. Yes, 17 people were sanctioned – but they’d already had their visas revoked. ABC News suggested the sanctions show the U.S. is taking what happened seriously but I’m not convinced it’ll mean anything because there are plenty of questions on whether sanctions actually hinder those they’re meant to hinder.
The more damning statement by Trump is his decision to avoid a question from Wallace on Saudi arms sales.
Wallace: So if Congress were to move to either cut off any U.S. involvement in the war in Yemen or to block any arms sales, you wouldn’t go along with it?
Trump: Well, I want to see Yemen end, but it takes two to tango. Iran has to end it also. And Iran is a very different country than when I took over. It’s far weakened because of what I did with the so-called Iran deal – Iran nuclear deal – which was one of the great ripoffs of all times. But I want Saudi to stop, but I want Iran to stop also.
This is a beyond ridiculous answer and shows the failure of the President to change any sort of foreign policy. Trump is just going along with the previous administration’s policy of being “arms seller in chief.” There is no reason for the U.S. government to be involved in arms sales – and I know it’s because there’s a federal law on the issue.
The logic of those who believe the U.S. government should control who gets American weapons is so they can pick what country gets what. But where is the accountability? How does the public hold the government accountable when it’s full of bureaucrats and so-called ‘policy experts’ who are the ones who actually make the decisions.
The Government Accountability Agency noted in 2016 the U.S. had consistently failed in following procedures (and U.S. law) when it came to arms sales to Egypt (emphasis mine).
The U.S. government completed human rights vetting for 5,581 Egyptian security forces before providing U.S.-funded training in fiscal year 2011 through March 31, 2015; however, our analysis of a sample of names from training rosters of Egyptian security forces who received U.S.-funded training shows that that the U.S. government did not complete all required vetting prior to providing training, in violation of State’s and DOD’s policies. In contrast to State’s vetting requirements for training, State’s policies and procedures encourage, but do not specifically require, vetting for foreign security forces that receive U.S.-funded equipment, including those in Egypt. The primary method State uses in Egypt to comply with Leahy law requirements when providing equipment is to attest in memos that State is in compliance with Leahy law requirements. Various factors have posed challenges to the U.S. government’s efforts to vet recipients of U.S. assistance. Gaps and uncertainties in information have made it challenging for U.S. officials to vet some cases before providing training. Additionally, State has not established procedures for clearing smaller units or individuals within a larger unit that has been deemed ineligible to receive assistance. Finally, Embassy Cairo has recorded little information on human rights abuses by Egyptian officials in INVEST since the beginning of fiscal year 2011, despite State requirements to do so.
This is why it shouldn’t be the U.S. government doing these arms sales, and why Trump’s refusal to answer Wallace’s question regarding Saudi arms sales is disappointing – and more of a story than his “who can really say” answer regarding Khashoggi. Congress needs to stop the arms sales and completely change U.S. policy.
It’s so much easier to hold private companies accountable for sales, especially when there’s no government protection barrier surrounding them. One would think a businessman elected to the presidency would realize this. Apparently not.
Leave a comment
ALL OF ORANGE COUNTY Turns Blue After Democrats Find Thousands of Votes Post Election Day
Orange County, a traditionally conservative enclave in Southern California turned all blue after Democrats found tens of thousands of votes post election day.
Just two years ago in 2016, only 2 Congressional districts in Orange County voted blue–now just two years later every single district voted blue.
Democrat blue wave? More like Democrat election fraud.
The 39th district was officially called for Democrat Gil Cisneros over Republican Young Kim who was up by 3 points on election night and was set to be the first Korean-American Congresswoman. The Democrats stole this race with ‘late votes.’
Young Kim was up by 3,900 votes on election night with 100% of the precincts reporting according to AP and she ended up losing by 3,000 votes 11 days after the election.
Republican Congresswoman Mimi Walters in California’s 45th district was also ahead on election night then was magically defeated by Democrat Katie Porter several days after the election.
Democrat Katie Porter was trailing Mimi Walters on election night then jumped ahead by hundreds of votes after the Democrats produced thousands of ballots after the election.
There may be something more sinister happening in Orange County, California.
The Gateway Pundit spoke to two concerned voters in California’s 45th district who said when they went to vote, they were told they weren’t on the roster so they were given provisional ballots.
Two registered Republicans in California’s 45th district told this reporter that they have been voting for over 20 years in Orange County and what happened this midterm has never happened to them–EVER.
“I’ve been a registered Republican and an active voter for over 20 years and when I went to vote on election day, I was told that I wasn’t on the roster so I was given a provisional ballot,” a Republican voter told The Gateway Pundit.
Was this an isolated incident or is this more widespread?
One America News reporter Jack Posobiec spoke to a pollworker in California on election day.
The pollworker told Jack Posobiec, “I have received a very large amount of voters whose registration was changed to vote by mail without their consent and then not mailed their ballots. I’m allowing provisional voting. My registrar is giving me the runaround about this and just saying don’t worry. This is not my first election. I have not seen this problem before.”
Report in from CA: pic.twitter.com/hzW4PWJSW5
— Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸 (@JackPosobiec) November 6, 2018
The Drudge Report featured the story about the stunning losses in Orange County and the responses by concerned voters in Southern California raised eyebrows as well.
One woman who lives in Newport Beach in California’s 48th district said she hasn’t missed a vote in 43 years and was forced to fill out a provisional ballot on election day; her vote still hasn’t been counted.
“I was made to fill out provisional ballot after voting in the same precinct in OC consistently 20 years said I was mail in never have been My vote still has not been counted I check daily. Same with red friends. I’m ind. never missed a vote n 43 yrs,” tweeted a Newport Beach resident named Vanessa Butler.
I was made to fill out provisional ballot after voting in the same precinct in OC consistently 20 years said I was mail in never have been My vote still has not been counted I check daily. Same with red friends. I’m ind. never missed a vote n 43 yrs
— vanessa butler (@nessincharge) November 18, 2018
Where the hell is the GOP??
Leave a comment
Like us on Facebook
Politics1 year ago
IT’S OVER!! ESPN’s Next Move Will Rain DEATH On The NFL… They’ll NEVER Bounce Back
News6 months ago
OH BOY! Iranian Regime Threatens to Release Names of Western Officials Who Took Bribes to Pass Nuke Deal
News12 months ago
Democrat Conyers Threatens to Take the Whole Damn Swamp Down With Him!
Politics1 year ago
After Bashing Trump All Summer, George Clooney Gets Humiliated By Middle America
News4 months ago
Adam Schiff Hits Panic Button After Trump-Putin Presser Drops Bombshell on US Intel and Clinton Campaign
News10 months ago
Bill Clinton Says Haiti Relief Funds Didn’t Pay for Chelsea’s Wedding… Then Wikileaks Drops This Bomb
News11 months ago
Congresswoman Who Stole Other Passenger’s United Airlines Seat Plays Race Card
News4 months ago
Report: Witness Prepared to Identify Two Killers of Seth Rich